Home > release > Panda Cloud Antivirus 1.1.0

Panda Cloud Antivirus 1.1.0

June 3rd, 2010

Finally the new Panda Cloud Antivirus Free Edition and the new Panda Cloud Antivirus Pro are here!

After only 7 months since the release of PCAV 1.0 in November 2009, which has been download by almost 10 million users, the next major release of PCAV is finally available in two flavours: Free Edition and Pro.

cloudav112

Download your copy from http://www.cloudantivirus.com. NOTE: there’s no need to uninstall the previous version. The new version will automatically upgrade the one you have installed.

New features and changelog:

• Behavioural blocking. Proactive, signature-less, protection against malicious actions typically used by malware. Generic blocking of malicious PDF/DOC/XLS/PPT/WMV/etc. droppers. Compatible with both 32 and 64bit Operating Systems.
  • Behavioural analysis (PRO only). Runtime analysis and blocking of running processes. Compatible with 32bits Operating Systems as well as for 32bit processes under 64bit systems.
  • Advanced configuration. Ability to turn on/off and tweak the behaviour of the different engines, cloud responses, advanced logging, recycle bin settings, exclusions, etc.
  • Self-protection of the AV processes and configurations.
  • Re-do detections that were previously un-done so that they are detected again.
  • Automatic upgrades (PRO only) to new engine versions and new features automatically and transparently.
  • Improved offline protection. Default deactivation of Windows Autorun.
  • USB vaccination (PRO only) Automatic vaccination of USB memory keys and hard drives.
  • Ability to run alongside other AVs and Anti-Spyware. Can now be run alongside other security tools and scanners.
  • Full scan option. Added option to run a full PC scan easily.
  • More languages. Added 9 new languages. PCAV is now available in a total of 20 languages: English, German, French, Spanish, Dutch, Italian, Portuguese, Swedish, Greek, Polish, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Russian, Brazilian Portuguese, Turkish, Hungarian, Japanese, Slovak, Norwegian and Finnish.
  • Quicker download & install experience thanks to new stub-installer which is 300kb in size.
  • More options for restoring neutralized files. More flexibility when recovering neutralized files, allowing for automatic and manual recovery, exclusions, configuration of the Recycle Bin automatic emptying, path to recover, etc.
  • Improved handling of known good files to reduce false positive rates by the new behavioural engine and automated classification from the Collective Intelligence servers.
  • Optimized installation background scan by using adaptive low-priority scans.
  • Improved scanning progress information by showing when a large compressed file is being scanned to avoid the perception that the stuck is stuck.
  • Fixed certain situations when the PandaCloudTestFile.exe was not being detected even though the PC was correctly connected to the Internet.

1. AL
    June 12th, 2010 at 20:29 | #1

PCA Team:
    Great product, as always. I was wondering if there was a way to modify the amount of data stored in the log files. The one that’s accessed by going through Event Viewer and then to Nano. Every time my computer’s rebooted, the amount I set previously would reset itself back to the default 20 megabytes. Is this a glitch or something?

2. asfa
    June 13th, 2010 at 04:54 | #2

No protection in real-time the browser :S?

3. June 14th, 2010 at 17:01 | #3

THE real “CLOUD” tiem is coming !

4. Ibrad09
    June 14th, 2010 at 17:26 | #4

@Asfa Panda cloud has real time protection

5. Zaww
    June 24th, 2010 at 17:10 | #5

Why do we have to pay for better security i thought they said it will always be free and full security :(

6. David Sherman
    June 24th, 2010 at 17:38 | #6

Where is the pricing information?

thanks

7. June 24th, 2010 at 19:10 | #7

@Zaww you don’t have to pay for better security, you can keep the FREE EDITION installed and it plenty of security (anti-malware + heuristics + behavioural + usb). The PRO version is mostly for more convenience and VIP support.

@David Sherman Go to:

8. Brock Savage
    June 25th, 2010 at 13:20 | #8

I’ve been happily using the free product since last year, and haven’t seen any nags. The feature list for new versions says only the pro version has no nags. Does that mean the new free version does have nags?

9. John
    June 25th, 2010 at 14:49 | #9

I am getting a message to “upgrade now” & “free download” but the message doesn’t say WHAT to download and WHO is offering it. Could this message be referring to the Panda Cloud AV? I am not going to click on a message with no identivication:

“You can now get the new version! Why wait? Download it now and check out the improvements. FREE! Download now. FREE!”

I thought I finally found an AV I didn’t hate, but if this is Panda Cloud, then I guess my search is still on.

10. Daan
    June 25th, 2010 at 16:47 | #10

filehippo.com has offered Panda Cloud Antivirus 1.1.01 but no news on Panda official blog!! anybody?! Mr.Bustamante?

11. June 25th, 2010 at 17:22 | #11

@Brock Savage barely any. Try it out and see for yourself.

@John this is a known problem in version 1.0x only. It has been fixed already. Download and install version 1.1 and this problem won’t appear anymore.

@Daan This is the same 1.1 version with some internal fix of a behaviour blocker rule and some minor stuff. Not even a minor version, just some internal fix.

12. Daan
    June 25th, 2010 at 18:16 | #12

13. Brock Savage
    June 26th, 2010 at 01:02 | #13

@Pedro Bustamante

Well, I spoke too soon. The old version started throwing up CONSTANT nags about upgrading, and as the other person said, it didn’t make it clear what product wanted an upgrade, so that was dumb. And now that I have upgraded, my Win7 is hosed. Most of my pinned taskbar icons are gone, and when I right-click on a file in Explorer and then click on “Open with…”, the list of programs to use is empty. That’s what I’ve found just in the first five minutes since upgrading; I hate to see what else you have messed up.

Five thumbs down on this. Upgrades should be optional, and should not make you have to reinstall windows.

14. Gabriel
    June 26th, 2010 at 02:39 | #14

i recently updated to the new version of Free, and ever since then PSANHOST.exe has intermittently spiked in CPU usage for a few seconds. doesn’t affect web browsing, but it causes slowdown/stuttering in things like games and videos. nothing coming up on scans, only thing that is amiss is PSANHOST’s memory and CPU usage. more annoying than anything, but if there’s a way to fix it i’m all ears

15. okunodoi
    June 26th, 2010 at 04:48 | #15

I wonder if it is Panda Cloud that pops up a little blue message window on my PC screen and solicits without telling who it is to download and get a new version? A new version of what? I seriously doubt who with a little common sense will download without knowing what it is. It is really annoying.

16. KB
    June 26th, 2010 at 04:58 | #16

John :

I got this message too and immediately thought it was spyware infecting my computer. Who was the genius that forgot to put the name of the program on the message? Anyone with half a brain will not even think about clicking that ‘mystery upgrade’ link. Everyone knows you NEVER click on a link in anything connected to the internet that has no identifying information. This is day one basic computer class stuff here. Does this antivirus company not know how viruses are spread?
    This only makes me wary of putting cash out for the product.

Next are you going to send me an email with an executable attachment from a hotmail address telling me about the new version of ‘something’ (click to find out what!)?

17. mulkit
    June 26th, 2010 at 09:38 | #17

no ,the older version was greater ,this version is improper,it hangs out and is hackable.but for the free version,its not the best anymore

18. Margaret
    June 26th, 2010 at 13:37 | #18

I’ve just send email to you thanking you for letting us Anti Vieus 4 free

19. June 26th, 2010 at 13:52 | #19

@Brock Savage This sounds a little more serious. PCAV shouldn’t do anything with your pinned-down icons nor the “open with” list. It doesn’t sound like anything related to PCAV, but we’d be happy to help you troubleshoot it. Simply post at the “New Issues” area of our Support Forum at http://www.cloudantivirus.com/forum.

@Gabriel Please run an optimized or full scan of your machine so that the new PCAV “gets to know” your files and caches them.

@okunodoi & @KB yes this has been an error on our part. We are trying to fix it right now and the fix will be pushed down to all users automatically.

20. Melaney
    June 28th, 2010 at 04:31 | #20

It breaks my heart to see these people criticizing you. This is such an amazing product. But, yes, that was an oops not to put the product name on the update notice. That stupid Registry Booster scam is on EVERYONE’S computer now and has a very similar popup which you REALLY DON’T want to click. It is virtually impossible to uninstall once it has its claws in your computer. And it really screws up your registry if you use it. I don’t know how I knew my popup was Panda but I did.

I am going to try the beta Global Protection next because I really trust you guys never to screw up my computer.

21. Melaney
    June 28th, 2010 at 05:13 | #21

@Brock Savage: Maybe I can help. It sounds like you deleted your MRU, menu order, and Recent cache. Usually this is a result of using a system/registry cleaner like the evil Registry Booster I mentioned above. I accidentally did this once with a good product called Ccleaner. So just don’t mess with these products unless you know exactly what it’s doing and can pick what you want cleaned.

The good news: this is not serious at all. Just a little bit of a PITA to get back to normal. However, I would definitely do a spyware scan with Spybot S&D and Panda. Because something cleaned out your registry and temp files.

The best way to get back to normal if you don’t have a Restore Point or ERUNT backup saved (look it up) is to simply set everything up again manually. As you open your programs, right click and put them back on the Taskbar. For open-with, you can get some of the defaults back by using windows default programs wizard — type default in your start menu. For the rest, you’ll have to click open with > choose default program > browse > and hunt for the program you want to use, one-by-one. It will be there the next time you click open-with. (Pay attention to whether you want the “Always…” box checked or it will change your default program association permanently.)

If you do restore from a backup, reinstall Panda and any other programs you might have installed since that backup, just so nothing is screwy with your settings. (Minus the “Registry Booster – System Optimizer” spyware please!)

It is a good idea to get ERUNT and let it do it’s backup thing. Read the instructions in the ReadMe file to learn how to restore from it. The quick guide: let it install with all the defaults. It will automatically backup every reboot. To Restore: Go to C:\Windows\ERDNT\AutoBackup and pick a date. Open that folder and click ERDNT.exe. Reboot and your registry is good as new. Can’t tell you how many times this has saved my butt. http://www.larshederer.homepage.t-online.de/erunt/

22. Melaney
    June 28th, 2010 at 05:19 | #22

Oh, all the above is done in Adminstator mode of course! Type “change user” under start and you will see the options to change User Account Control settings. Temporarily turn off UAC and set your profile to Administrator.

23. Trishia
    June 29th, 2010 at 15:54 | #23

@Gabriel
    Yeah, that’s happened to me as well (Win XP SP3). Made the sound keep skipping – had to take Panda off.

24. June 29th, 2010 at 18:21 | #24

@Melaney Thanks for your comments and your help Melaney :)

@Trishia The fix for this will be pushed out very soon.

25. Michael
    July 1st, 2010 at 00:40 | #25

I love your product, it save my computer from a couple of rookit, trojan that my AVG failed to find. I’ve always used AVG, but their quality just isn’t as good as before.

As this is a free product, i hope the quality stays, it is not free to keep engineers to work on it. I really hope you can have profit out of it.

26. buddee
    July 2nd, 2010 at 14:56 | #26

@michael satisfied and happy users are the profit

27. July 5th, 2010 at 14:45 | #27

Hello,
    Any way to make the CPU usage lower ?
    With Panda Cloud AV even when I scroll or write on a webpage my computer laggs.

28. Trishia
    July 6th, 2010 at 20:56 | #28

@Pedro Bustamante

Perfect – will definitely try it again once that’s resolved.

29. Germar
    July 9th, 2010 at 02:41 | #29

i cant do nothing with my panda cloud,this what happen when ive press on the icon

and its not letting me reinstall it at all… see

what should i do?

30. July 9th, 2010 at 04:58 | #30

@Germar This is a known problem of the older version. Just uninstall (from Control Panel, Add/Remove Programs), reboot, and then download and install the latest version from http://www.cloudantivirus.com.

31. Railway
    July 12th, 2010 at 00:08 | #31

Whenever I click on the Panda with the red X on it in the ‘Message Center’ I get this message:
    Unexpected error
    Unexpected error. Error code 11.

If you want to help us improve, send us a suggestion with information abut this error and how it occurred.

Links don’t work.
    Panda will not uninstall.

32. NeedsProtection
    July 25th, 2010 at 16:11 | #32

It looks really great and simple to use but what i want to know is if it is finally compatible with SpybotSD with both its flavors. Back in 2006, I read that Panda wasn’t compatible with Spybot and so I come here today curious whether this issue has been fixed or not.

33. Meredith
    September 11th, 2010 at 23:50 | #33

I need specifics on installation Panda Cloud AV. I’m now running avast free on a PC with a Windows XP SP3 as the OS. At the moment, avast’s hanging out in my task bar telling me my system is secure. Do I disable avast before installing PCAV?

I ask because when trying to install Zone Alarm as a replacement for Comodo (which caused a *huge* memory leak), ZA’s technical writer didn’t include the part about uninstalling the old software first lest disaster occur. Unfortunately, disaster did. I managed to fix the problem a few days later, but am leery of the same thing happening again.

Also, can I run PCAV with SUPERAntiSpyware? Or do I even need the latter?

34. Adrianogba
    September 23rd, 2010 at 16:26 | #34

I want a trial of Panda Cloud PRO.

Comment pages