Panda Cloud Antivirus 1.1.0
Finally the new Panda Cloud Antivirus Free Edition and the new Panda Cloud Antivirus Pro are here!
After only 7 months since the release of PCAV 1.0 in November 2009, which has been download by almost 10 million users,Â the next major release of PCAV is finally available in two flavours: Free Edition and Pro.
Download your copy from http://www.cloudantivirus.com. NOTE: there’s no need to uninstall the previous version. The new version will automatically upgrade the one you have installed.
New features and changelog:
- Behavioural blocking. Proactive, signature-less, protection against malicious actions typically used by malware. Generic blocking of malicious PDF/DOC/XLS/PPT/WMV/etc. droppers. Compatible with both 32 and 64bit Operating Systems.
- Behavioural analysis (PRO only). Runtime analysis and blocking of running processes. Compatible with 32bits Operating Systems as well as for 32bit processes under 64bit systems.
- Advanced configuration. Ability to turn on/off and tweak the behaviour of the different engines, cloud responses, advanced logging, recycle bin settings, exclusions, etc.
- Self-protection of the AV processes and configurations.
- Re-do detections that were previously un-done so that they are detected again.
- Automatic upgrades (PRO only) to new engine versions and new features automatically and transparently.
- Improved offline protection. Default deactivation of Windows Autorun.
- USB vaccination (PRO only) Automatic vaccination of USB memory keys and hard drives.
- Ability to run alongside other AVs and Anti-Spyware. Can now be run alongside other security tools and scanners.
- Full scan option. Added option to run a full PC scan easily.
- More languages. Added 9 new languages. PCAV is now available in a total of 20 languages: English, German, French, Spanish, Dutch, Italian, Portuguese, Swedish, Greek, Polish, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Russian, Brazilian Portuguese, Turkish, Hungarian, Japanese, Slovak, Norwegian and Finnish.
- Quicker download & install experience thanks to new stub-installer which is 300kb in size.
- More options for restoring neutralized files. More flexibility when recovering neutralized files, allowing for automatic and manual recovery, exclusions, configuration of the Recycle Bin automatic emptying, path to recover, etc.
- Improved handling of known good files to reduce false positive rates by the new behavioural engine and automated classification from the Collective Intelligence servers.
- Optimized installation background scan by using adaptive low-priority scans.
- Improved scanning progress information by showing when a large compressed file is being scanned to avoid the perception that the stuck is stuck.
- Fixed certain situations when the PandaCloudTestFile.exe was not being detected even though the PC was correctly connected to the Internet.