Home > release > Panda Cloud Antivirus 1.1.2

Panda Cloud Antivirus 1.1.2

July 19th, 2010

We just published version 1.1.2 of Panda Cloud Antivirus. You can get it from http://www.cloudantivirus.com.

This minor release includes some basic fixes:

* Fix for error 1603 during install or upgrade from previous versions.
* Fix for behaviour blocker FPs of WMP, VLC, OpenOffice, fubar2000, etc.
* Corrections of certain string translations (italian, japanese, etc.).
* Search reset fix during installation.
* Fix for problems with outdated Silverlight installations.
* Updated traybar notifications to show that they come from PCAV.

Users of the Free Edition can upgrade to this new version by simply downloading the new installer and executing it. The installer will uninstall the previous version and install the new one after a reboot.

Users of the Pro Edition do not need to upgrade to this new version as their installation will be upgraded automatically and transparently as needed.

1. July 19th, 2010 at 21:39 | #1

great work as usual! :)

2. buddee
    July 20th, 2010 at 07:29 | #2

nice to heart that BB and other minor issues are gone now ;)

3. July 20th, 2010 at 10:34 | #3

Thanks for the update… ;)

4. July 20th, 2010 at 14:29 | #4

How can i feel that my pro version is updated?

5. July 20th, 2010 at 14:39 | #5

Maybe you should implement an version display ^^

6. buddee
    July 20th, 2010 at 15:03 | #6

@kurtextrem Open PCA click ? near close button and select about Panda cloud AV

7. melina
    July 20th, 2010 at 15:05 | #7

Why not a pop-up informing that a new version is available to download (Free version) or was installed (Pro version)?

8. buddee
    July 20th, 2010 at 15:10 | #8

@kurtextrem my mistake the pro version will not get this update because Behavior Blocker hotfix is already pushed and the main fixes are for installation issues, and if you have installed the PCA thn you don’t need it.

9. billy13
    July 20th, 2010 at 15:48 | #9

Well done…

10. asfa
    July 21st, 2010 at 08:51 | #10

Avast = 10 Virtual Memory
    Panda Cloud = 50 Virtual Memory

=(

11. Jonas
    July 21st, 2010 at 19:02 | #11

Does PCA scan when the PC is inactive?

Sometimes when a suspicious file is detected, there’s no pop-up windows telling me that. I just see the file in the Recycle bin. Why?

Also I think that you should see which file is being analyzed when a on-demand scan is in action!

12. buddee
    July 22nd, 2010 at 11:10 | #12

@jonas PCA scan pc when it is inactive.

13. tal
    July 23rd, 2010 at 03:50 | #13

So I had no problems with the previous version. When I installed this one I had an ad pop up, so I guess this update was basically to incorporate ads.

14. buddee
    July 23rd, 2010 at 22:32 | #14

@tal PCA shows “Upgrade to Pro” popup only once in a week.

15. tal
    July 23rd, 2010 at 22:40 | #15

thats good, hopefully it wont get as bad as avira

16. Amauri
    July 24th, 2010 at 01:08 | #16

buddee :
    @tal PCA shows “Upgrade to Pro” popup only once in a week.

Popup? Wasn’t it “install and forget”? Maybe it’s “install and don’t forget to upgrade”… :)

17. asfa
    July 24th, 2010 at 11:13 | #17

I HATE Avira for the Popup PRO VERSION, i LOVE Panda Cloud but i hate the POPUP :(!

I go to Avast >=FREE<= with no adversiting because is FREE..

18. KDLA
    July 27th, 2010 at 04:31 | #18

tank’s for antivirus free,i love you panda the best antivirus free ok’s !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

19. notapro
    July 27th, 2010 at 15:02 | #19

Free doesn’t actually seem to install after the reboot – just spent 30 minutes getting the new version. Appreciate that it’s free, but that’s too long. Doesn’t make me want to upgrade to the paid version.

20. kiwi4life
    July 28th, 2010 at 02:35 | #20

If there’s a new version of Panda Cloud Antivirus Free Edition, will the user get a notification on their current version of panda cloud antivirus free edition notifying them that there’s a new version of it.

If this doesn’t happen can you please include this as a new feature so user won’t know if theres a new version of it and they have to go to the website to get it. Thanks.

21. don
    July 28th, 2010 at 13:12 | #21

I like the concept, but I use firefox and PCA cause my browser to hang for many minutes before finally opening. I have isolated to your software because as soon as I end the process in the task box, my browser works fine. I am going to uninstall your software unless you have a solution for me. thanks

22. Matt
    July 29th, 2010 at 15:43 | #22

I’m using the corporate cloud protection and this update is awful. Fifty percent of my users are complaining of overall slowness, especially on the network and surfing the web. We are seriously look at other AV’s if the performance doesn’t get better. What can we do ?!?

23. jsn
    July 30th, 2010 at 23:34 | #23

Where is ‘offline’ installer of PCA 1.1.2? (Like it was with other versions before)

24. buddee
    July 31st, 2010 at 17:55 | #24

here is the link to offline installer

25. August 1st, 2010 at 09:23 | #25

Hm…
    Now in every System-Start there is a Alert from PCA
    “The Computer have to newstart, to complete the Update, that the Virus Protection begin, to protect you.”
    (translated from german xD)

If i click “Install later” there happend nothing, else i click “Install now” there happend nothing, too …
    Whats my Mistake? I disabled Autorun.

26. buddee
    August 1st, 2010 at 23:24 | #26

@krtextrem please logon as administrator to intsall the update or your user must be the member of administrators

27. jsn
    August 2nd, 2010 at 22:11 | #27

buddee :
    here is the link to offline installer

28. August 3rd, 2010 at 11:01 | #28

lol magic. now it works. i’d changed nothing…
    but thanks buddee

29. buddee
    August 4th, 2010 at 12:25 | #29

:D

30. August 5th, 2010 at 19:36 | #30

I am getting this error message

what should i do ?

31. August 5th, 2010 at 19:38 | #31

@dotcompals If you reboot and allow time for the machine to boot completely, does the problem persist?

32. buddee
    August 6th, 2010 at 10:53 | #32

it happens on some old machines, PCA takes some time to load

33. zileut
    August 7th, 2010 at 16:02 | #33

Why has the PCA 1.12 higher system requirements than the 1.00?
    Because the newest edition is very slow.

34. buddee
    August 8th, 2010 at 09:25 | #34

@zileut system requirements are same for both versions, do a complete scan of system to allow PCA to make cache of system, comodo has some known issues with PCA if you are using it disable or uninstall and if you are using a second av exclude it from PCA and PCA from 2nd AV

35. zileut
    August 8th, 2010 at 18:21 | #35

@buddee
    I have only one AV, the PCA 1.00

36. YK
    August 9th, 2010 at 03:32 | #36

I use Firefox too and I was also uninstalled new PCA by the Firefox hang problem when opening web sites.
    Would you please investigate and fix it?
    I’m using PCA 1.0.0 now and there is no problem with Firefox like new 1.1.x version.
    And it would be better if there is option to turn off the upgrade notification by user.
    It’s annoying to me as I can’t use new version now by Firefox.

37. buddee
    August 9th, 2010 at 15:54 | #37

PCA 1.00 is older version newer version is available to download, after installing the new version plz do a full scan and restart, post your results then

38. @livioadelson
    August 10th, 2010 at 05:15 | #38

I want to leave an opinion that I consider important to the future version and Panda Security for security in the cloud. Well, what is the best way to obtain security where users are connected, protecting each other? Answer: Having a larger number of users possible. Panda Security stepped back to remove items of extreme importance to please and protect free users (users free of charge to help users of paid versions). The items are: automatic update of the program and setting as well as behavioral detection. What is an antivirus without these two items? A simple garnish. I know they will say that so and so has another, but the paid users (like me) need the free users for that security in the cloud is efficiently and with greater level of threat detection. Think about it with affection, Panda Antivirus Free Cloud self updateable and behavior analysis. Without it, experienced users will never use the free solution.

39. Marilo
    August 10th, 2010 at 09:13 | #39

I have problems to download the last version of Panda Cloud because “some installation files are corrupt”
    Help please! I need to install PandaCloud

40. buddee
    August 12th, 2010 at 08:52 | #40

@marilo download the full installer

if the problem persists you can post on forums to get better support.

41. KDLA
    August 15th, 2010 at 21:57 | #41

tank’s panda for anti virus excelent k.o. !!!!!!!!!!!!

42. Simon
    August 18th, 2010 at 05:36 | #42

My Panda wont load on startup. When I click on the icon on the start menu, it just doesnt run. Anyone can help?

43. buddee
    August 18th, 2010 at 07:52 | #43

@simon plz post in forums to get support

44. zileut
    August 19th, 2010 at 09:45 | #44

@buddee
    I did it what you said but CPU usage of 1.12 version is 30-40% constantly.
    1.00 version had max. 15%.

45. buddee
    August 20th, 2010 at 08:41 | #45

@zileut plz come to support forums, we need some information about your system and running apps to sort out the problem.

46. someone
    August 20th, 2010 at 14:44 | #46

It is just a bad adware – nothing else. I use my windows without any of these programs and I haven’t had any malware since one year. I test this with some on demand online-scanner. It is all a thing of brain and media literacy. Better buy a backup program – that makes more sense.

47. Bong
    August 20th, 2010 at 15:08 | #47

asfa :
    I go to Avast >=FREE<= with no adversiting because is FREE..

+100000000
    That’s why I removed panda cloud from my PC.

48. User
    August 21st, 2010 at 05:48 | #48

Pop-Ups??

with pop-ups cloud antivirus free has effectively become adware!

Nothing is more irritating than pop-ups, plus it’s also worrying for inexperienced users to read that their protection is somehow incomplete

49. buddee
    August 21st, 2010 at 07:57 | #49

pop-up not pop-ups , Panda Cloud AV shows a pop-up once a week which basically tells user about the availbilty or pro version.

50. KDLA
    August 23rd, 2010 at 02:07 | #50

tank’s for the best anti-virus k.o. ? panda cloud security is the best tank’s !!!!!!!!

Comment pages