We just published version 1.1.2 of Panda Cloud Antivirus. You can get it from http://www.cloudantivirus.com.
This minor release includes some basic fixes:
* Fix for error 1603 during install or upgrade from previous versions.
* Fix for behaviour blocker FPs of WMP, VLC, OpenOffice, fubar2000, etc.
* Corrections of certain string translations (italian, japanese, etc.).
* Search reset fix during installation.
* Fix for problems with outdated Silverlight installations.
* Updated traybar notifications to show that they come from PCAV.
Users of the Free Edition can upgrade to this new version by simply downloading the new installer and executing it. The installer will uninstall the previous version and install the new one after a reboot.
Users of the Pro Edition do not need to upgrade to this new version as their installation will be upgraded automatically and transparently as needed.
Today we are releasing a new version of Panda Cloud Antivirus, version 1.0.1. This version is basically a cumulative-fix release which incorporates Hotfix-1, Hotfix-2 and some small additional improvements.
The most notable improvement is that we have gotten rid of the initial account registration which used to be mandatory for first-time installs. Panda Cloud Antivirus will not ask for account during install anymore. Only if you want to participate in the Cloud Antivirus Support Forums will you need to create an account.
I have Cloud Antivirus 1.0 already installed. Do I need to download & install this version?
Not really. This new version incorporates hotfixes which you probably already have installed anyway. To check if you have them installed, simply browse to “C:\Documents and Settings\All Users” (XP) and you should see a subdirectory called “HF_PCA_somenumber”.
I have the hotfixes installed but I still have some problems with Panda Cloud Antivirus. Should I install this version?
Yes you might want to give it a try. Below you can find some more detail of what this version fixes which is not included in the existing hotfixes. In order to install this version on top of the one you already have, first uninstall your current version, then reboot and finally download & install the new version from http://acs.pandasoftware.com/cloud/CloudAntivirus.exe.
What’s the changelog of this version 1.0.1?
- Preactivated version does not require account creation during install
- Fix for certain conditions of stuck quick & full scan
- Improved cloud-heuristic detection for unknown malware – From HF_2
- Improved prevalence algorithms for priorization of new malware – From HF_2
- Fix of problems scanning certain files in system directories – From HF_1
- Fix for loss of connectivity after malware disinfection involving LSP – From HF_1
- Improved cloud-heuristic detection – From HF_1
Some Beta1 users have misunderstood the popup message that was recently shown by Panda Cloud Antivirus, announcing the availability of the Beta2 version.
The feedback we received is that some users thought the software was going to stop being free. I wanted to post this to clarify any confusions that might have been created by this notification.
This notification is merely announcing the availability of the Beta2 version. Some considerations to take into account during the beta period:
- As soon as a new Beta version is announced (Beta2, Beta3, etc.) the previous Beta version will stop connecting to Collective Intelligence and updating its cache.
- Users can of course download the new Beta version for free.
- After the Beta period is over and Panda Cloud Antivirus version 1.0 is released it will continue being free without any loss of functionality whatsoever.
Sorry if this notification has caused any confusion.